We are so happy that you have taken interest in the faith formation of your family.
- Our Religious Education program is based around a family model. Meaning, the entire family is involved at our sessions.
- Our program is once a month, on the second Sunday of the month, exceptions made depending on holidays etc., at our Parish offices.
- The program starts at 4:00 p.m. for Mass at St. John the Evangelist.
- Father will then keep the families for some liturgical instruction on the Church and all that is involved.
- Around 4:50 p.m., everyone heads over to St. John’s Hall, downstairs of the Parish offices, for dinner. Our nutritious dinners are homemade and prepared by very gracious volunteers in our St. John’s kitchen.
- Around 5:30, families will start cleaning up, to prepare for our family based activity. This activity will involve the entire family to help one another understand our faith and religion. Our Junior High and Youth Group will go on to their classrooms with their teachers to start their night of religious instruction.
- At 5:50, the rest of the children will go to their appropriate classrooms for their religious instruction from 6:00 p.m. till 7:00 p.m.
- After the children go to their classrooms, the parents will stay, along with outside community members that have joined us, for the Adult Education portion of the evening. Our Parish has lined up many different speakers that touch on various different areas of our faith and beliefs. We hope this education for the parents helps them be even more positive faith models to their children and guide them even closer to our Lord Jesus and to one another.
- At the end of the night, we all will gather back in the hall for final prayers and announcements.
For more information on our Religious Education program, please call Lisette at the Parish offices at 315-902-4130.