Welcome! We are so excited that we can be a part of your child’s journey to make their First Communion! What a joyous occasion!
- First Communion prep starts in October, starting with First Reconciliation classes.
As the USCCB describes,
“First and foremost, the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation is a powerful experience of God’s forgiveness and mercy. It is a tangible sign of God’s desire to reach out to us throughout our lives, even in our sinfulness, and help us reconcile ourselves with him and with our brothers and sister, repair the damage done by sin, and grow in our relationship with God.”
“God’s actions in the sacrament include restoring us to his grace and reconciling us to himself and to the Church.”
- First Reconciliation classes consist of 5 classes at the Parish offices. They are usually every other Monday from October till December. Your child will make their First Reconciliation in December at St. John the Evangelist in Clyde.
For more information on First Reconciliation, please click on the link: http://www.usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/how-we-teach/catechesis/catechetical-sunday/sacramental-forgiveness/family-resource-white2.cfm
- First Communion Prep classes start in March and consist of 5 classes. An hour and a half each. Going from March till April. Our First Communion children celebrate the Sacrament on the first Sunday of May at the 10:15 a.m. Mass at St. John the Evangelist in Clyde.
- Mass attendance is so very important. It will be a requirement for your child to sign in every weekend Mass. If something comes up, sickness, vacation etc. you can always contact Father or Lisette at the office, and we can make other arrangements.
- Religious Education classes are also a requirement. Our new religious education program is designed with busy families in mind, so it is mostly a home-based model. We will use the text book series A Family of Faith by Sophia Institute Press. There will be monthly lessons at home, a monthly 15-minute evaluation session conducted by one of our catechists, and two Family Gatherings during the Religious Education year.
- For more information and details on Religious Education, please look under Education link above. Thank you and look forward to taking this faith-filled journey with your family!
For more information on the Eucharist, please see the USCCB website: http://www.usccb.org/prayer-and-worship/the-mass/order-of-mass/liturgy-of-the-eucharist/the-real-presence-of-jesus-christ-in-the-sacrament-of-the-eucharist-basic-questions-and-answers.cfm